Tuesday, January 13, 2015

How To Brighten Your Eyes: 3 Easy Steps

Personally I have a fair amount of redness around my eye area. I have found three easy steps to brighten up my eyes in order to appear more awake and polished for the day! This post will walk you through a tutorial of how I acheive this look and what products I recommend.  


Before and After: 
Products Used: 
                              
The three products you will need for this look are a concealer, a flesh-toned eyeliner and a pearlescent eyeshadow. The products I used are the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (shade: vanilla), the Sephora Long Lasting Kohl pencil (shade: infinite beige) and the eye shadow "Bootycall" from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.

Here are some drug store recommendations that are comparable to these products:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
Price: $7-$9


Milani Shadow Eyez in shade "Almond Cream"
Price: $6-$8


Milani Powder Eye Shadow in shade "Golden Shimmer"
Price: $6-$8

Lets move on to the tutorial!

Step 1: Apply concealer all around eye area including the lids, inner corners and the under eye area. It should look something like this:


I like to add concealer to the tops of my cheeks in a triangle shape in order to blend the brightness of my eyes with the rest of my face. I also add concealer to the bridge of my nose as a personal preference. Once you have applied your concealer, blend it all in with your finger or a makeup brush.


Step 2: Apply the flesh-toned eyeliner to my waterline. Like so: 


Step 3: Apply pearlescent eyeshadow to your eyelids, the inner corners of your eyes and right at your bottom lash line. 




After that simply apply your favorite mascara and you're done! 

                            
                              
                               




No comments:

Post a Comment