Saturday, January 24, 2015

My Lush Obsession: Skincare and Pamper Products

Hey everyone! I wanted to dedicate a post to my favorite cosmetic brand in the entire world - LUSH! I rely on Lush for everything from my skincare routine to bath and body products. If you are interested in smelling amazing every day of your life this is the store for you!

                       


To me, Lush stands out from all the other cosmetic brands because it believes in using all natural, ethical ingredients. Not only does Lush not test on animals but they also support fair trade farms throughout the world! The products are also such high quality for reasonable prices! 

My current collection consists of birthday and Christmas presents as well as skincare products I use on a daily basis. Some items you may not see here that I purchase regularly are their bath bombs, dusting powders, hair treatments, bubble bars, bar soaps and their fresh face masks. This post will take you through my favorite items of my current collection. 

My Skincare Routine

Winter of 2013 I saw a huge change in my skin. I had stubborn dry patches on my chin and started breaking out more than usual on my forehead. I tried multiple expensive skincare products that just ended up burning my dry patches and did nothing for my breakouts. Finally I turned to Lush. One of my favorite things about Lush is that all their employees are so eager to help. They love these products so much they are determined to find the right solution for you. 

Herbalism is my every day facial cleanser. Made with ground almonds and rice vinegar this cleanser provides a gentle exfoliant that absorbs all your extra oils in order to prevent future breakouts. Warning this is not the most pleasant smelling product! But it sure gets the job done and you get used to it after a while.

Breath of Fresh Air is my every day toner. This herbal facial spray has a calming beachy scent. Made with sea salt water, rose and aloe vera this spray is perfect for every day use to balance out your skin. Breath of Fresh Air totally balanced out my dry and oily areas. I especially love this stuff in the summer to freshen up my face throughout the day. I also use it in my hair! In the winter I spray this in my dry hair to get rid of static. In the summer I spray this in my already damp hair at night and then throw it up in a bun to wake up to effortless waves!

Vanishing Cream is my every day face cream. I use this in the morning and at night. This light weight, lavender infused face cream is great for all seasons. In the winter I've found I use just a little bit more of this product in order to keep my skin hydrated against the cold, dry air.

Dark Angels is a facial cleanser my sister bought me for Christmas! Although for my skin this product is too abrasive to use on a daily basis; I love having this heavy duty cleanser on hand for days when I feel a breakout coming on. Made with black sugar, charcoal and rhassoul mud, this cleanser helps deflate breakouts and knocks out redness!

Pamper Products: Every product I use from Lush feels like a little luxury. I love to use bath and body products from Lush because it gives me a way to pamper myself on a daily basis. For all my gals out there that don't prefer or don't have access to a bath tub, all the products below (except for the body lotion of course) are shower friendly! 

Formula Known As is my favorite body moisturizer of all time! This light weight lotion is Lush's version of cocoa butter with a floral twist. I'm not the kind of girl to go for floral scents. Often times I find floral based products are too strong and end up giving me a headache. Although the scent of this lotion does linger it is the most elegant chocolatey scent out there!

Buffy - This product is contained in the Lush tin you see above. I didn't take a picture of this product on its own because it's almost all used up and looks pretty pathetic. Buffy is one of Lush's body butters that comes in a bar form! Made with a cocoa and shea butter base this bar also has ground almonds, rice and beans in order to buff away any imperfections you might have! Use it in the shower or bath on wet skin. It is suggested when using Buffy to specifically focus on your "back side" :D THATS RIGHT GALS this bar  is supposed to scrub away cellulite! I haven't used this product consistently enough to notice a real difference but I will say it sure feels like its working when you're scrubbing!

Rose Jam Shower Gel is my favorite shower gel from Lush! This scent is a combination of rose and citrus which leaves you smelling like a flowery, fruity dessert. The shower gels at lush are great because a little goes a long way. The formula is so dense that a 3.3 fl. oz. bottle often lasts me a whole month! The only sad news I have about this product is that its limited edition and is only sold during the holiday season :'(

Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is the same scent as Rose Jam and is sold year-round! I believe "body conditioner" is something Lush made up. A body conditioner does the same thing regular conditioner does for your hair. You simply smooth this on to your wet / damp skin and towel it off and you are left with fragrant, silky skin! Body conditioners are great for those days you don't have time to wait for your body lotion to soak into your skin. Its almost like getting to skip a step! This product is made with argan oil, cocoa butter, cupuacu butter, almond oil, brazilian nut oil and shea butter - what a treat!

African Paradise Body Conditioner provides all the same benefits for your skin as Ro's Argan Body Conditioner  but  has a bit of a different scent. This product smells more herbal including ingredients such as: moringa oil, mango juice and aloe vera.

Santa's Lip Scrub is sadly another limited edition product only sold during the holiday season. Luckily Lush sells three other flavors year-round! Lip scrub is something I never would have thought I needed in my life until, well, I bought it. I don't necessarily use this lip scrub on a daily basis but it is exactly what I need when my lips are terribly dried and cracked from winter weather or from being sick with a cold. I also like to use this before applying lipstick in order to get a smooth, plumped surface for easy application!

The only item I didn't talk about from my collection is the Vanilla Dee-Lite body lotion. As much as I would love to recommend everything I own from Lush this is one product I do not plan to repurchase. I have no complaints of the quality of this lotion - but the smell is too much for me. I much prefer the dusting powder version of this scent. On the rare occasion I use this product I only apply it to my hands and feet in order to avoid feeling sick from the overwhelming scent. But if you are an extreme lover of vanilla - go for it! Some of the main ingredients of this lotion are vanilla, kiwi and coconut oil. 

Thank you so much for reading and please "like" this post if you enjoyed it! Follow my blog if you want to see more from me <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment